BNSSG Paediatric Joint Formulary
BNSSG Paediatric Recent Formulary Decisions
Checked: not set yet by Next Review: not set yet
4.4 Atomoxetine (Strattera®) (TLS Amber) SCP click here
- ADHD in childhood
2.5.5 Captopril (tablets) (TLS Amber) SCP click here
- Paediatric cardiology
2.2.4 Chlorothiazide (TLS Red)
- Neonates (unlicensed)
3.2 Flutiform® (fluticasone & Formoterol) (TLS Green)
- in adolescents aged 12 and above
4.4 Methylphenidate - all formulations (TLS Amber) SCP click here
- ADHD children & adolescents
Decision 29th May 2012
Diamorphine nasal (Ayendi®) Paediatric analgesia (TLS Red)
- Approved for the use in emergency departments and MIU
14.5 Rotavirus live vaccine (Rotarix®) (TLS Green)
- Active immunisation of infants from the age of 6 weeks for prevention of gastroenteritis due to rotavirus infection
- Please see DoH/PHE FAQs for further information
4.4 Lisdexamfetamine (TLS Red)
- An alternative treatment for Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder when there has been an inadequate response to methylphenidate.
13.8.1 Dundee Sunscreen (TLS Red)
- When other reflectant sunscreens have failed
1.Misc Infloran (Bifidobacterium infantis, Lactobacillus acidophilus) (TLS Red)
- For use in preterm infants less than 32 weeks gestation or < 1.5kg in weight until they reach at least 34 weeks corrected gestational age and have tolerated at least 2 weeks of enteral feeds.
Clonidine Patches (TLS Red)
- For patients with secondary dystonia and dyskinesia, according to UHBristol treatment pathway for Medical management of dystonia.
Esomeprazole granules (TLS Red)
- For patients with NG tubes or second line in children with swallowing difficulties.