BNSSG Adult Joint Formulary
Decisions 4th September 2018
Checked: not set yet by Next Review: not set yet
At the meeting on the 4th September the following decisions were agreed:
New Drug Requests
- Approved for dietary management of Cystic Fibrosis patients
Otocomb Otic Ear ointment (unlicensed) and Synalar-N ointment
- Approved for use in ENT clinic for patients with otitis externa or mastoid cavity infection. To be used after formulary ear drops. Synalar-N first line in clinic, otocomb otic ear ointment second line in clinic.
- Not approved for drooling in Parkinson's disease patients. The group felt further information is required from applicant. Applicant has been invited to attend November meeting.
Shared Care Protocols/TLS change in status
- Updated SCP approved
- Updated SCP approved pending clarification of monitoring of renal function after a month of initiation.
- Enoxaparin biosimilars, Arovi® and Inhixa® to be added.