BNSSG Adult Joint Formulary
Decisions 27th November 2018
Checked: not set yet by Next Review: not set yet
At the meeting on the 27th November the following decisions were agreed:
New Drug Requests
Melatonin (amber 3 months)
- Approved for adults with Learning Disabilities with co-morbid mental illness or with sleep disturbances pending an amended SCP
- Approved for the management of corneal wound healing on the eye
Further work needed
- The group agreed that further work was needed before it could be added onto the Formulary for drooling in Parkinson's disease patient's
- The group agreed that further work was needed before it could be added onto the Formulary for drooling in Parkinson's disease and Motor Neurone Disease
- The group felt there were questions that needed answering before a decision could be made for the use of melatonin for REM Sleep Behaviour Disorder. Unfortunately the applicant was unable to attend. The application will be discussed in April.
- Not approved for Delayed Sleep-Wake Phase Disorder
- Not approved for vascular eczema and psoriasis
Shared Care Protocols/TLS Status
- Appeal for change of TLS from amber to green for Dymista® approved.