BNSSG Adult Joint Formulary
Decisions 26th June 2018
Checked: not set yet by Next Review: not set yet
At the meeting on the 26th June the following decisions were agreed:
New Drug Requests
Ketotifen eye drops
- Approved for inclusion onto the formulary for seasonal allergic conjunctivitis as an alternative option to olopatadine or when a preservative free option is needed.
Aprokam® Cefuroxime injection
- Approved for inclusion onto the formulary for prophylaxis of post-operative endophthalmitis during cataract surgery.
- Approved for inclusion onto the formulary for chronic constipation pending an adult constipation pathway
Shared Care Protocols
- Updated SCP agreed
- Amended SCP presented for amantadine for the management of fatigue in patients diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. The group decided a separate SCP for amantadine for this indication was needed.
- Further information regarding contraception needed then SCP to be uploaded.
- All new amber SCPs to be 3 months initially.
- Decision making tool for change of traffic light status discussed, to be amended and trialled at the next JFG.