17. Miscellaneous Preparations
|First line drugs||Second line drugs||Specialist drugs||Secondary care drugs|
|Recommended in both primary and secondary care||Alternatives (often in specific conditions) in both primary and secondary care||Where a specialist input is needed (see introduction for definition)||Prescribing principally within secondary care only|
This page is for medicinal products that have been through the Joint Formulary Process, and therefore are Formulary within BNSSG, however they are not listed within the BNF.
All are TLS Red
Acid Citrate Dextrose
- 500mL bags for use with Cell Saver machine
- UHB only
Bone Morphogenetic Protein
- N.B. Not for Complex spinal surgery - NHS England is the commissioner for this indication and they are not routinely commissioned. An IFR application is required.
Eleview® lifting solution
- Lifting solution for endoscopic submucosal dissection (ESD) of polyps
- Surgical glue
Lutetium (177Lu) oxodotreotide
- As per NICE TA541 for treating unresectable or metastatic neuroendocrine tumours
- For use in by the Bristol Therapeutic Apheresis Unit for Photopheresis.
- For use as a pharmacological stress agent for radionuclide myocardial perfusion imaging (MPI) in adult patients unable to undergo adequate exercise stress.
- For use in Echocardiography, in patients with suspected or established cardiovascular disease to provide opacification of cardiac chambers and enhance left ventricular endocardial border delineation
- SonoVue® should only be used in patients where study without contrast enhancement is inconclusive
Autologous chondrocyte implantation
- As per NICE TA477 Autologous chondrocyte implantation for treating symptomatic articular cartilage defects of the knee
- As per NICE TA508 Autologous chondrocyte implantation using chondrosphere for treating symptomatic articular cartilage defects of the knee
Got a question or comment about the Joint Formulary?
Please use the email address below to contact us and we will endeavour to respond within 2 working days.