BNSSG Adult Joint Formulary
|First line drugs||Second line drugs||Specialist drugs||Secondary care drugs|
|Recommended in both primary and secondary care||Alternatives (often in specific conditions) in both primary and secondary care||Where a specialist input is needed (see introduction for definition)||Prescribing principally within secondary care only|
- A preservative free option (or single unit dose drops) may be prescribed if available for all formulary products listed if clinically necessary, as an alternative option.
- Please ensure that all prescriptions for eye drops clearly state the number of drops, into which eye(s), and the frequency of administration.
- 5 Fluorouracil eye drops Eye Hospital use only (TLS Red)
- Mitomycin C eye drops Eye Hospital use only (TLS Red)
- 11.1 Administration of drugs to the eye
- 11.2 Control of microbial contamination
- 11.3 Anti–infective eye preparations
- 11.4 Corticosteroids and other anti–inflammatory preparations
- 11.5 Mydriatics and cycloplegics
- 11.6 Treatment of glaucoma
- 11.7 Local anaesthetics
- 11.8 Miscellaneous ophthalmic preparations
- 11.9 Contact lenses